« Home | Hood Complete » | One week's Rogue progress... » | Emily's progress » | Something's wrong » | Note to new members » | Wednesday Morning » | Welcome! » 

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 

Emily's progress pics

I got them! I decided to leave out the modeled picture, because you can't see anything. So here are some {sucky} cable closeups.

I messed up on the middle section, so I had to think of some compromise. I HATE frogging.


Never mind that hole, I did the cable section before I read the errata on the double increase. And don't mention the right twist where it should have been left.

And the hood:


Cable messups in all the sections, yeah. But it's not for me. So I'm not worrying.

I tried to have it be a kids' 10...I thought I had gauge, so I configured it to a 29" chest based on a 4.5 sts/in gauge. Well? Turns out my gauge was one full stitch off. So, the final recipient will have to wait until I make a bigger size. Darn. I shoulda used bigger needles.

As of last night, the second sleeve is done and sewn up. Pictures to come!

And looky-booky: I did think of a little prize!

Here are the details: Everyone who posts at least one update in the next 2 days (a bit tight of a dealine, yeah, but the olympics are almost over!) will be eligible for a skein of handpainted (by me, I love dying! I mean, as in dying yarn.) yarn in the colorway and weight (as in worsted, etc, not as in 8oz) of their choice! I will choose the names during the closing ceremonies! Dawn, Sarah, Julie, and Erika are all already eligible. Maybe this will attract more attention to the team...

Your Host

Emily

Our Olympians

Dawn
C-Dawg-Knit
Julie
Persnickety Knitter
Sarah
Erika
Judie H.

Prize

Everyone who posts at least once before midnight on Feb. 24th will be eligible for a handpainted (by me) skein of yarn in their preferred colorway and weight! Now get posting!

Join The KAL

Leave a comment or email me.

Buttons

Visit http://home.comcast.net/~aqua-star/buttons.html for a knitblog button tutorial! Visit http://home.comcast.net/~aqua-star/buttons.html for a knitblog button tutorial! Visit http://home.comcast.net/~aqua-star/buttons.html for a knitblog button tutorial!
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates